Japanese Kitchen Knife Store - NOKAZE
Kitchen Knives Maintenance
Wash knife after using.
- You need only sponge and cooking detergent or soap, you do not need special
- Also important to dry after cleaning.
Remove moisture with dry cloth.(But if you have stainless steel knife, it is not very necessary. Does not rust easily.)
- Do not warm with the fire to dry quickly.
Because the fire changes the characteristic of steel and lose edge function.
(Hot water, no problem.)
To maintain the edge quality , it is important to sharpen constantly.
- You can use easy knife sharpener, but to regain the edge it is recommended
sharpening with a stone.
See how to sharpen with a stone.
- To fix broken blade : If you find some chipping , use rough sharpening
rough stone # 120.
To use knives at home, it is recommended to sharpen every 1 or 2 months.
If you are professional chef, should sharpen more.
NEXT : kitchen knife maintenance - clean a Stainless steel knife