Types of Japanese Kitchen Knives
- Santoku means three virtues. Used for Meat, Fish and Vegetables.
It is the most popular kitchen knife in Japan.
- Gyuto means Meat Cutting Knife , But this is used for Meat, Fish and Vegetables
similar to Santoku.
Also known as Chef's knife.
- Petty is for delicate work such as peeling ,carving of fruit ,vegetable…etc.
Recommended as your second knife.
- Usuba / Nakiri knife es for cutting vegetables.
- Yaganiba is japanese traditional knife for preparing Sashimi, Sushi.
- Deba is japanese traditional knife for filleting a fish.(fish cleaning)
Also you can cut meat and chicken including thin bones without losing the