The black blade is forged in traditional way, made of Aogami super steel..the sharpest Japanese santoku knife!
Aogami super is the best Hitachi Metals steel and has maximum Japanese steel hardness (HRC = 67). This is santoku knife made of Aogami super steel,of course it is very sharp and has high quality. Recommended for chefs who want maximum sharpness.
Aogami Super is not stainless steel, it should not leave wet. But it is covered with stainless steel, so most part of the blade has resistance to oxidation.
The blade is very hard but it is not difficult to sharpen with the stone.It's easier than stainless steel knives. To maintain its function, it is recommended to have a sharpening stone.
Do not cut frozen food or bones, to avoid chipping in the blade.
Symmetrical shape - Available for right handed users and left-handed users.
Knife type - Santoku
Santoku is a multipurpose knife that can cut meat, fish and vegetables. It is the most used kitchen knife in Japan, and it is also the most exported Japanese knife to the Western market.
Aogami (blue) super is a steel from Hitachi metals. (Aogami = blue is not steel color. Put papers to distinguish steels, Aogami (blue) is the color of this paper and also name of steel.) It has the highest quality of Hitachi Metals and maximum hardness of Japanese steel(HRC = 67). Aogami Super is not stainless steel, it should not leave wet. But it is covered with stainless steel, so most part of the blade has resistance to oxidation.
- Brand : Zen-pou
- Style : Santoku
- Length : Blade 180mm (7.08 inch) , Total Length 300mm (11.8 inch)
- Weight : 180grs (6.34 oz)
- Blade Type : Double bevel blade - available for right handed users and left-handed users.
- Blade Material : Stainless steel with Aogami Super carbon steel core
- Hardness : HRC 67
- Handle Material : Packer wood
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.