The black blade is forged in traditional way, made of Aogami super steel...the sharpest Japanese Gyuto chef's knife!
Aogami super is the best Hitachi Metals steel and has maximum Japanese steel hardness (HRC = 67). This is gyuto knife made of Aogami super steel,of course it is very sharp and has high quality. Recommended for chefs who want maximum sharpness.
Aogami Super is not stainless steel, it should not leave wet. But it is covered with stainless steel, so most part of the blade has resistance to oxidation.
The blade is very hard but it is not difficult to sharpen with the stone.It's easier than stainless steel knives. To maintain its function, it is recommended to have a sharpening stone.
Do not cut frozen food or bones, to avoid chipping in the blade.
Symmetrical shape - Available for right handed users and left-handed users.
Knife type - Gyuto
Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic western chef's knife. It is a multi-purpose knife like Santoku, but it has a longer and narrower blade than Santoku. Gyuto is known as Chef's knife.
Aogami (blue) super is a steel from Hitachi metals. (Aogami = blue is not steel color. Put papers to distinguish steels, Aogami (blue) is the color of this paper and also name of steel.) It has the highest quality of Hitachi Metals and maximum hardness of Japanese steel(HRC = 67). Aogami Super is not stainless steel, it should not leave wet. But it is covered with stainless steel, so most part of the blade has resistance to oxidation.
- Brand : Zen-pou
- Style : Gyuto
- Length : Blade 210mm (8.26 inch) , Total Length 335mm (13.2 inch)
- Weight : 200grs (7.05 oz)
- Blade Type : Double bevel blade - available for right handed users and left-handed users.
- Blade Material : Stainless steel with Aogami Super carbon steel core
- Hardness : HRC 67
- Handle Material : Packer wood
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.