For 40 years, Master Kawamura has manufactured handmade knives in his workshop.His work was broadcast by national TV channel NHK.
Forged enough to perform maximum steel quality, and the shape is very beautiful as an art. Shirogami carbon steel is not stainless. To avoid oxidation, it is recommended clean and dry after use.
Do not cut frozen food or bones, to avoid chipping in the blade.
Available for right handed users.
Knife type - Nakiri
Nakiri is mainly used to cut vegetables. You can cut vegetables faster and safer.
The edge of carbon steel called Shirogami is integrated in stainless steel. Shirogami(Carbon Steel) is one of the best Japanese steels. (It's a kind of carbon steel.)
Good maintenance is necessary to avoid rust. But Shirogami is good steel for Japanese knives. Many Japanese chefs prefer Shirogami Steel Knife, It is very sharp and easy to resharpen.
- Brand : Sanjo kawamura
- Style : Nakiri
- Length : Blade 165mm (6.5 inch) , Total Length 310mm (12.2 inch)
- Weight : 150grs (5.3 oz)
- Blade Type : Double bevel blade
- Blade Material : Stainless steel with Shirogami carbon steel core
- Hardness : HRC 63
- Handle : Wood - available for right handed users
- Edge part approx.5 mm is carbon steel(not stainless steel). To avoid rust keep clean and dry well after each use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.