Mr. Tsutomu was born in the blacksmith's family and has been making kitchen knives since he was a child. So he has more than 50 years of experience.
This is a beautiful damascus knife that is made with traditional Japanese blacksmith techniques. All handmade, forged with a hammer to form a knife.And it is polished until 33-layers damascus steel pattern appears.
Aogami #2 is carbon steel (not stainless) so it rusts. It is recommended not leave wet. But it is easy to sharpen and with stone you can make more sharp than stainless steel knife.
Available for right handed users.
Knife type - Gyuto
Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic western chef's knife. It is a multi-purpose knife like Santoku, but it has a longer and narrower blade than Santoku. Gyuto is known as Chef's knife.
Aogami Steel is one of the highest quality carbon steels from Hitachi Metals (HRC = 65). It is not stainless so it oxidizes. But it is easy to sharpen and with stone you can make more sharp than stainless steel knife.
- Brand : Tosa-kajiya
- Style : Gyuto
- Length : Blade 210mm (8.26 inch) , Total Length 360mm (14 inch)
- Weight : 160grs (5.64 oz)
- Blade Type : Double bevel blade
- Blade Material : 33 layers Damascus steel with Aogami #2 Carbon Steel core
- Hardness : HRC 65
- Handle : Sakura(Cherry) Wood - available for right handed users
- To avoid rust , please keep clean and dry well after each use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.