Saiun series has inherited the tradition of Japanese sword smith craftsman"Kanetsugu" (1300-1349). and made of the highest grade materials... VG10 Steel cutting edge(core) is integrated into the 33 layer Damascus steel , handle material is Micarta (is not deformed by humidity or temperature).
This petty has only 90 grs , but it is very sharp and strong, also beautiful as an art. This is one of the most recommended knives.
Symmetrical shape - Available for right handed users and left-handed users.
Knife type - Petty
Petty Knife is for delicate work such as peeling, de-seed and slicing vegetables and fruit. Also it can be used as a multipurpose knife. Smaller than Santoku, so it can be handled more easily. Recommended as your second knife.
VG10 steel cutting edge is integrated into 33 layers Damascus steel.
VG10 is one of the best stainless steels for Japanese kitchen knives. Made by Takefu steel Co.Ltd. Very hard (HRC = 60-61) and sharp , it has superior edge retention and oxidation resistance.
About vg-10 damascus steel knife
Sekikanetsugu Saiun was founded in 1918.The products are inherited the tradition of Japanese sword.
- Brand : Sekikanetsugu - Saiun
- Style : Petty
- Length : Blade 150mm (5.9 inch) , Total Length 255mm (10 inch)
- Weight : 90rs (3.17 oz)
- Blade Type : Double bevel blade - available for right handed users and left-handed users.
- Blade Material : 33 layers Damascus steel with VG10 core - stainless
- Hardness : HRC 60-61
- Handle Material : Micarta
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.