Over 650 years, Saiun has inherited the tradition of Japanese sword smith craftsman Kanetsugu. Paring small knife only 73 grs, however 33 layer vg10 steel damascus blade is very sharp and beautiful as an art. Handle is made of Micarta (is not deformed by humidity or temperature).
Symmetrical shape - Available for right handed users and left-handed users.
Knife type - Paring
Paring Knife is for detail work such as peeling fruits and vegetables,slicing small ingredients like garlic, and decoration cutting.
VG10 steel cutting edge is integrated into 33 layers Damascus steel.
VG10 is one of the best stainless steels for Japanese kitchen knives. Made by Takefu steel Co.Ltd. Very hard (HRC = 60-61) and sharp , it has superior edge retention and oxidation resistance.
About vg-10 damascus steel knife
Sekikanetsugu Saiun was founded in 1918.The products are inherited the tradition of Japanese sword.
- Brand : Sekikanetsugu - Saiun
- Style : Paring
- Length : Blade 90mm (3.54 inch) , Total Length 195mm (7.67 inch)
- Weight : 73rs (2.57 oz)
- Blade Type : Double bevel blade - available for right handed users and left-handed users.
- Blade Material : 33 layers Damascus steel with VG10 core - stainless
- Hardness : HRC 60-61
- Handle Material : Micarta
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.