(Click on price to see in various currencies)
– Specifications –
|Blade Material||R2 Damascus steel|
|Hardness||Around 62 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Blade Length||21cm (8.25inch)|
|Total Length||33cm (13inch)|
|Country||Made in Japan|
For 30 years certified as a Traditional craftsman by the Japanese government, Mr. Takeshi Saji is a forged knife master of Echizen (north-central of Japan) and famous among luxury knives collectors.
This is a black damascus gyuto knife made by Mr. Saji. Blade material is R2 Damascus steel which is ultra high quality stainless steel, it is harder than Vg10 and has high resistance to abrasion, so the sharpness lasts long. The balance with the wooden handle (iron wood) is also beautiful. Iron wood is an excellent wood due to its durability and waterproofing. Comfortable to use and also has value as a beautiful work of art.
- Blade : R2 Steel edge(core) is integrated into the 32 layers Damascus steel. R2 is ultra high quality stainless steel, it is harder than Vg10 (R2’s HRC=62) and has high resistance to abrasion, so the sharpness lasts long.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Handle : Made of Iron wood from Southeast Asia. It’s excellent wood because of its durability and impermeability. It’s said that does not rot for a hundred years.
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.