|Blade Material||VG10 Damascus (Stainless)|
|Hardness||Around 61 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Blade Length||150mm (5.9inch)|
|Total Length||260mm (10.2inch)|
|Country||Made in Japan|
(See in various currencies)
Sharp and has resistance to oxidation, Sakai Takayuki brand petty knife.
The hammered vg10 33 layers damascus steel blade, made by craftsman from Osaka city.
It has a good thickness of the blade and a high quality handle, comfortable to grip. It is a small knife but it is one of the best knives in our store.
- Blade : Cutting edge VG10 steel (product of Takefu steel Co., Ltd.) is one of the best steels for Japanese knife. (1)Very hard and sharp , (2)superior edge retention (3)and has oxidation resistance. HRC = 60-61, Chromium =15%-16%. And the VG10 steel cutting edge is integrated into 32 layers damascus steel.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Handle : made of mahogany wood.
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.