(Click on price to see in various currencies)
– Specifications –
|Blade Material||VG10 damascus steel|
|Hardness||Around 61 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Blade Length||150mm (5.9inch)|
|Total Length||260mm (10.2inch)|
|Country||Made in Japan|
The hammered vg10 33 layers damascus steel blade, made by craftsman from Osaka city.
It has a good thickness of the blade and a high quality handle, comfortable to grip. It is a small knife but it is one of the best knives in our store.
- Blade : Cutting edge VG10 steel (product of Takefu steel Co., Ltd.) is one of the best steels for Japanese knife. (1)Very hard and sharp , (2)superior edge retention (3)and has oxidation resistance. HRC = 60-61, Chromium =15%-16%. And the VG10 steel cutting edge is integrated into 32 layers damascus steel.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Handle : made of mahogany wood.
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.