|Blade Material||VG10 Damascus (Stainless)|
|Hardness||Around 61 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Blade Length||180mm (7.08inch)|
|Total Length||310mm (12.2inch)|
|Country||Made in Japan|
(See in various currencies)
Sharp and has resistance to oxidation, Sakai Takayuki brand Santoku knife.
Sakai Takayuki is the most famous Damascus kitchen knife brand in Osaka, Japan. And this Santoku knife is the most standard type in the Sakai Takayuki Damascus series. The 32 layers damascus steel blade with vg10 edge is very sharp and resistant against rust, so maintenance is easy.
- Blade : Cutting edge VG10 steel (product of Takefu steel Co., Ltd.) is one of the best steels for Japanese knife. (1)Very hard and sharp , (2)superior edge retention (3)and has oxidation resistance. HRC = 60-61, Chromium =15%-16%. And the VG10 steel cutting edge is integrated into 32 layers damascus steel.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Handle : made of mahogany wood.
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.