(See in various currencies)
– Specifications –
|Blade Material||Gingami#3 Steel|
|Hardness||Around 61 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Handle||Brown Packer wood|
|Blade Length||16.5cm (6.49inch)|
|Total Length||28cm (11inch)|
|Country||Made in Japan|
Sharp and rust resistant. This is a Nakiri knife made of Hitachi Metals’ highest grade stainless steel, “Gingami#3”. Gingami#3 is a stainless steel, but is characterized by its powerful sharpness like carbon steel.
Gingami#3 is made by Hitachi Metals, just like carbon steel such as Aogami Super and Shirogami, so it has properties close to carbon steel even though it is stainless.
If you want the sharpness of carbon steel but don’t want it to rust, we recommend Gingami#3 steel knife.
Nakiri knife is mainly used for cutting vegetables.
- Blade : The hardness of Gingami3 is almost the same as VG10 steel(HRC = 61). And its characteristic is similar to Steel Aogami super (Hitachi Metals), can feel very strong sharpness. Gingami3 can be sharpened with the stone easier than VG10.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Handle : Made of Brown Packerwood
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.