(Click on price to see in various currencies)
– Specifications –
|Around 63 HRC
|Double beveled edge
|For right and left-hand users
|Made in Japan
Made by traditional Japanese forging method, Tosa Kajiya black Santoku knife.
Mr. Tsutomu Kajiwara was born in the blacksmith’s family and has been making kitchen knives since he was a child. So he has more than 50 years of experience.
This is a traditional Japanese knife. All handmade, forging with a hammer to form a knife, and has the natural color (black) that appeared in the forging process. It is a kitchen knife that has been used since the era of samurai.
- Blade : Aogami#2 Steel is one of the highest quality carbon steels from Hitachi Metals (HRC = 63). It is not stainless so it oxidizes. But it is easy to sharpen and with stone you can make more sharp than stainless steel knife.
- Handle : Chestnut wood in classic shape.
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.