Made by traditional Japanese forging method, Muneishi brand Gyuto knife.
(See in various currencies)
– Specifications –
|Blade Steel||Aogami#2 (Carbon)|
|Hardness||Around 63 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Blade Length||210mm (8.26inch)|
|Total Length||360mm (14inch)|
|Country||Made in Japan|
Black Gyuto knife made by Mr. Hirotaka Muneishi. He was born to a blacksmith’s family, inherited the technique and now has been certified by the Japanese government as a national traditional craftsman.
This knife is made using traditional methods that have been used since the samurai era, Sandwiching Aogami carbon steel between iron and hitting it with a hammer. The blade retains the natural black color that results from the forging process and beautifully finished. You can feel the skill of blacksmith.
This knife is sharp and easy to sharpen with a stone. But the blade is not stainless, so easy to rust. Please wash and dry after use to avoid oxidation.
- Blade Aogami#2 Steel : Many Japanese forged knife craftsmen traditionally prefer Shirogami#2 steel or Aogami#2 steel. Because it is suitable for forged handmade knives. The quality of the blade varies depending on the skill of the craftsman, but in general Aogami#2 steel is a higher grade than Shirogami#2. Since it is carbon steel (not stainless steel), it easily rusts. So please wash and dry after use.
- Handle : Octagonal rosewood
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.