(See in various currencies)
– Specifications –
|Brand||Saiun by Seki kanetsugu|
|Blade Material||VG10 damascus steel|
|Hardness||Around 61 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Blade Length||90mm (3.54inch)|
|Total Length||195mm (7.67inch)|
|Country||Made in Japan|
Over 650 years, Seikanetsugu-Saiun has inherited the tradition of Japanese swordsmith craftsman Kanetsugu. This paring knife has only 73grs, however the blade is hard to bend, strong and very sharp.
Handle is made of Micarta (is not deformed by humidity or temperature).
Paring Knife is for detail work such as peeling fruits and vegetables, slicing small ingredients like garlic, and decoration cutting.
- Blade : VG10 Steel edge(core) is integrated into 32 layers Damascus steel. VG10 is one of the best stainless steel for japanese kitchen knives. Features are…(1)Very hard and sharp , (2)superior edge retention , (3)resistance to oxidation.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Micarta Handle : Micarta is not deformed by humidity or temperature, and feels like wood. It is an ideal material for knives.
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.