(See in various currencies)
|VG10 Damascus (Stainless)
|Around 61 HRC
|Double beveled edge
|For right and left-hand users
|Made in Japan
A work of art, Traditional craftsman Saji’s Santoku knife With deer antler handle.
For 30 years certified as a Traditional craftsman by the Japanese government, Mr. Takeshi Saji is a forged knife master of Echizen (north-central of Japan) and famous among luxury knives collectors.
This is Black Damascus santoku knife of Mr. Saji. The hand forging Vg10 Damascus blade has a beauty of steel itself, and the handle is made of deer antler that has a feeling of comfort similar to ivory. (The deer antler grows and falls naturally every year, so it can be used without abusing the animals.) It is comfortable to use and also has value as a work of art.
- Blade : VG10 Steel edge(core) is integrated into the Damascus steel. VG10 is one of the best stainless steel for japanese kitchen knives. Features are…(1)Very hard and sharp , (2)superior edge retention , (3)resistance to oxidation. And damascus steel is made of 33 layer.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Handle : made of deer horn that has a feeling of comfort similar to ivory. (The deer horn grows and falls naturally every year, so it can be used without abusing the animals.)
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.