A work of art, Traditional craftsman Saji’s Santoku knife with Iron wood handle.
(See in various currencies)
– Specifications –
|Blade Steel||VG10 Damascus (Stainless)|
|Hardness||Around 61 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Country||Made in Japan|
For 30 years certified as a Traditional craftsman by the Japanese government, Mr. Takeshi Saji is a forged knife master and famous among luxury knives collectors.
The hand-forged Damascus blade keeps its sharpness for long time, and you can see the beauty of the steel itself. The handle is made of iron wood, which is said to not rot for 100 years and has excellent durability and water resistance. It is a knife that is comfortable to use and has value as a beautiful work of art.
- Blade : VG10 Steel edge(core) is integrated into the Damascus steel. VG10 is one of the best stainless steel for japanese kitchen knives. Features are…(1)Very hard and sharp , (2)superior edge retention , (3)resistance to oxidation. And damascus steel is made of 33 layer.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Handle : made of Iron wood from Southeast Asia. It’s excellent wood because of its durability and impermeability. It’s said that does not rot for a hundred years.
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.