|Blade Steel||VG10 Damascus (Stainless)|
|Hardness||Around 61 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Blade Length||18cm (7.08inch)|
|Total Length||30cm (11.8inch)|
|Country||Made in Japan|
(Click on price to see in various currencies)
A work of art, Traditional craftsman Saji’s Santoku knife.
For 30 years certified as a Traditional craftsman by the Japanese government, Mr. Takeshi Saji is a forged knife master in Echizen (north-central of Japan) and famous among luxury knives collectors.
This is a type of knife called “polished damascus” which is polished after the blade forging.
The blade has a bright finish and multiple layers of steel, giving it a smooth three-dimensional feel, making it very elaborate and artistic. The handle is made of dark green Micarta. In addition to being comfortable to use, it is a special piece that allows you to enjoy the beauty of art work.
- Blade : VG10 Steel edge(core) is integrated into the Damascus steel. VG10 is one of the best stainless steel for japanese kitchen knives. Features are…(1)Very hard and sharp , (2)superior edge retention , (3)resistance to oxidation. And damascus steel is made of 33 layer.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Handle : Micarta is not deformed by humidity or temperature, is an ideal material for knives.
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.