– Specifications –
|Blade Material||Shiroghami#2 carbon steel|
|Hardness||Around 62 HRC|
|Single beveled edge||For right hand users|
|Country||Made in Japan|
(Click on price to see in various currencies)
Tojiro is the brand of Fujitara Industry Co. located in Tsubame-city. The largest knife maker in northern Japan. They have a wide range of items from Western knives to Japanese traditional style knives.
Yanagiba knives are normally used for slice boneless fish fillets for Sashimi and Sushi. The long blade allows the user to cut a Fish fillet in a single stroke.
- Blade : Shirogami # 2 steel is a type of carbon steel that is manufactured by Hitachi Metals, and is mainly used for traditional Japanese knives such as Yanagiba and Deba. The feature is very sharp and easy to regrind. It is not stainless steel, so it rusts easily. After use, please wash it, remove the water and store it in a place where there is not much humidity.
- Handle : Made of Natural wood
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.