|Blade Steel||Aogami#1 (Carbon)|
|Hardness||Around 64 HRC|
|Shingle beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Country||Made in Japan|
(See in various currencies)
Hand-forged black Deba knife made by blacksmith in Tosa (southern Japan).
Deba has a thick blade for cutting fish bones and cutting off fish heads. Most deba has Single beveled edge, but this one has Double beveled edge, so it can be used by both right-handed and left-handed users. Aogami #1 steel is harder than Shirogami steels and retains its sharpness for a long time. However, it is necessary to sharpen with a stone regularly.
- Blade : Aogami#1 steel is a type of carbon steel that is manufactured by Hitachi Metals, and is mainly used for traditional Japanese knives such as Yanagiba and Deba. Aogami #1 steel is harder than Shirogami steels and retains its sharpness for a long time. It is not stainless steel, so it rusts. After use, please wash it, remove the water and store it in a place where there is not much humidity.
- Handle : Made of Walnut wood traditional shape.
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.