|Blade Steel||VG10 Damascus (Stainless)|
|Hardness||Around 61 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Blade Length||210mm (8.26inch)|
|Total Length||330mm (12.99inch)|
|Country||Made in Japan|
(See in various currencies)
Sharp, rust resistant and elaborate work, Minamoto Brand Gyuto knife.
Established in 1957, Yasuda Cutlery is one of the leading kitchen knife makers in Seki City, and Minamoto is the brand name of Yasuda Cutlery. Mr. Noboru Yasuda is the second-generation owner, and his son, who gained experience at another manufacturer, has returned to work with him. And several veteran craftsmen are also working together.
This Minamoto series is made of 33-layer vg10 Damascus steel, the cutting edge is very sharp, and beautifully finished from the blade to the handle. Yasuda cutlery has a reputation for its elaborate work. VG10 Damascus is the most popular Japanese knife material because it is sharp, rust-resistant, and chip-resistant due to its stickiness. If you’re not sure which knife to choose, you can’t go wrong with the VG10 Damascus knife.
This knife has a blade length of 21cm and weighs about 170g, slightly lighter than Western chef’s knife, a Japanese Chef’s knife of average size and weight.
- Blade : VG10 Steel cutting edge(core) is integrated into the 32 layers Damascus steel. Features are…Hard and sharp , Edge retention, Resistance to oxidation, Hard to chip…etc. A little expensive but Vg10 Damascus is the most popular steel for Japanese kitchen knives.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Handle : Made of black Packer wood
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.
Great knives! Nice box.