Sharp and has resistance to oxidation, Zenpou Brand Sujihiki (Silcer) knife.
(Click on price to see in various currencies)
– Specifications –
|Knife Type||Sujihiki (Slicer)|
|Blade Steel||VG10 Damascus (Stainless)|
|Hardness||Around 61 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Blade Length||245mm (9.64inch)|
|Total Length||365mm (14.34inch)|
|Country||Made in Japan|
VG10 Damascus steel Sujihiki (Slicer) knife made in the Japanese blacksmith capital, Seki.
Sujihiki is a kitchen knife to disassemble a large piece of meat. But it is also used to cut various foods taking advantage of the long blade. The short height blade creates less friction when cutting, and the blade cuts through fish, sashimi and meat very sharp effortlessly.
It has strong resistance to oxidation, so it is easy to care.
- Blade : VG10 steel (product of Takefu steel Co., Ltd.) is one of the best steels for Japanese knife. (1)Very hard and sharp , (2)superior edge retention (3)and has oxidation resistance. HRC = 61, Chromium =15%-16%. And the VG10 steel cutting edge is integrated into 32 layers damascus steel.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Handle : Made of Mahogany Wood
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.