(See in various currencies)
– Specifications –
|Blade Material||VG10 damascus steel|
|Hardness||Around 61 HRC|
|Double beveled edge||For right and left-hand users|
|Blade Length||180mm (7.08inch)|
|Total Length||310mm (12.2inch)|
|Country||Made in Japan|
Today’s Discounted Item : This item is already discounted, and you can get even more discounts when you add it to your cart. Discounted items change in a few days, so prices may change if you do not check out for a while after adding to the cart.
Sakai Takayuki is the most famous Damascus kitchen knife brand in Osaka, Japan. And this Santoku knife is the most standard type in the Sakai Takayuki Damascus series. The 32 layers damascus steel blade with vg10 edge is very sharp and resistant against rust, so maintenance is easy.
- Blade : Cutting edge VG10 steel (product of Takefu steel Co., Ltd.) is one of the best steels for Japanese knife. (1)Very hard and sharp , (2)superior edge retention (3)and has oxidation resistance. HRC = 60-61, Chromium =15%-16%. And the VG10 steel cutting edge is integrated into 32 layers damascus steel.
- Tsuba : This part is called Tsuba. There is no space between the blade and handle. So keep clean, and prevents corruption. Almost high-class kitchen knife has Tsuba.
- Handle : made of mahogany wood.
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.