|Blade Steel||Shirogami (Carbon)|
|Hardness||Around 63 HRC|
|Shingle beveled edge||For right hand users|
|Country||Made in Japan|
(See in various currencies)
Yanagiba knife made of Shirogami steel from Takayuki Sakai, the most famous knife brand in Osaka.
Yanagiba has a long and thin blade to cut food in one stroke, and is usually used to cut sashimi (block of fish fillet). Shirogami steel blade is sharp and easy to sharpen, making it ideal for profasional Yanagiba knives.
- Blade : Shirogami steel is a type of carbon steel that is manufactured by Hitachi Metals, and is mainly used for traditional Japanese knives such as Yanagiba and Deba. The feature is sharp and easy to regrind. It is not stainless steel, so it rusts. After use, please wash it, remove the water and store it in a place where there is not much humidity.
- Handle : made of Magnolia wood
- Keep clean and dry after use.
- Do not use for any frozen foods or bones.
- Not recommend to clean in dishwasher.